We are committed to inclusive excellence as the foundation for innovation. The faculty at NYUAD come from diverse disciplines, backgrounds, and life experiences, and we aim to be highly inclusive and to create a sense of belonging so that all faculty members can thrive.
What We Do
- Foster a culture of inclusive excellence and life-long learning for faculty at all stages of the academic trajectory by expanding scholarship, educational practices, and service activities to new areas.
- Support faculty through consultation, program development, and building connections to others who have expertise and experience in academic career development.
- Provide resources for training, workshops, and bespoke programs to achieve excellence and advancement throughout the faculty life cycle.
- Provide a structured format for mentorship for faculty at all career stages.
- Develop faculty as leaders.
- Develop and implement an inclusive faculty orientation in collaboration with the Office of Academic Appointments.
- Promote recognition of faculty excellence through awards and engagement with academic boards, fellowships, academies, and other prestigious organizations.
- Assess and advise on faculty workload.
We offer opportunities to engage with colleagues and members of NYUAD leadership, materials, and resources on this website and organize events, programs, and workshops sessions outlined on this website. Registration is available through our intranet page.
The Hilary Ballon Center for Teaching and Learning is the primary resource for developing faculty teaching expertise. Please see their website for more information.