Students who have applied for admission and would like to be considered for financial support at NYU Abu Dhabi must submit the CSS Profile(s) administered by the College Board. NYU Abu Dhabi accepts applications for financial support from all students, regardless of citizenship.
The Fall 2019/Spring 2020 CSS Profile application(s) will be available as of October 1, 2018.
If you are applying to more than one campus of NYU, be sure to also review the financial aid policies for New York and Shanghai.
When to Apply
Financial Support Deadlines
How to Apply
Each CSS Profile application is personalized based on the information the student provides when registering for the service.
Instructions for Getting Started
- Read the Before You Apply section for instructions on how to sign in, the cost of the application, tutorials, and other helpful resources from the CollegeBoard. If you need additional assistance you may email/chat/call the CollegeBoard Customer Support Center for further assistance.
- Create a username and password to complete the CSS Profile for Fall 2019/Spring 2020 at cssprofile.org.
- After creating an account, the applicant can begin to complete the CSS Profile online.
- Applicants with divorced, separated, or unmarried parents will need to have both parents submit their own separate CSS Profile applications. The deadline for the noncustodial parent is 5 days after the student deadline (Profile for noncustodial parent deadline: November 20 for Early Decision I; January 20 for Early Decision II; February 20 for Regular Decision).
Under certain circumstances, NYU will consider waiving the CSS Profile for the noncustodial parent if the information cannot be obtained. The deadline to submit a CSS Profile Waiver Request for the Noncustodial Parent (available on the Applications and Forms section of the Office of Financial Aid website) is also 5 days after the student deadline (Waiver deadline: November 20 for Early Decision I; January 20 for Early Decision II; February 20 for Regular Decision).
If your noncustodial parent is deceased, please fill out the CSS Profile Waiver Request for the Noncustodial Parent to indicate this.
Please note that this requirement applies to ALL new NYU Abu Dhabi applicants who are applying for financial support.
- Applicants must include New York University's CSS school code on the application in order for NYU Abu Dhabi to receive it for review. NYU's CSS school code is 2785. Note: there is only one CSS school code (2785) for all of New York University's global network campuses, including NYU Abu Dhabi.
- Students who feel that the CSS Profile application fee would be a financial hardship may request a CSS Profile fee payment code. Please email the Office of Admissions at email@example.com to request a fee waiver code before submitting the CSS Profile as no reimbursements can be granted if an applicant has already paid the fee prior to receiving a payment code.
- In the email request, students should include their first (given) and last (family) names, along with the Common Application ID number and NYU ID number (N#) if one has been issued.
- Students will be notified by the NYU Abu Dhabi Office of Financial Support if additional documentation is required to verify the information reported on their CSS Profile applications.
CSS Profile Step-By-Step Instructions
The CSS Profile application(s) will be available as of October 1. Please read all of the instructions carefully before beginning to fill out the Profile application.
- Submit your Common Application: Students should submit a completed Common Application for admission either for Early Decision I (by November 1), Early Decision II (by January 1), or Regular Decision (also by January 1)
- Complete the CSS Profile Application: Create a user name and password. Be sure to write down this information and keep it handy to access the CSS Profile website for this year and in subsequent years.
- To start completing the 2019-2020 CSS Profile, NYU Abu Dhabi applicants and current students must select Fall 2019/ Spring 2020 (application will be available as of Oct 1).
- Complete the Student Information. Applicants must use the same name and other identifiers used on official documents as well as the name used on the Common Application. If the application requires parent information, applicants must complete the Parental Information section.
Please note, students with divorced, separated or unmarried parents will need to have both parents submit their own separate CSS Profile applications online. The deadline for the noncustodial parent is 5 days after the student deadline (November 20 for Early Decision I; January 20 for Early Decision II; February 20 for Regular Decision).
Please note that this requirement applies to all new NYU Abu Dhabi applicants.
- Submit the completed CSS Profile application online. Students must include New York University’s CSS school code, which is 2785 in order to submit an online application to NYU. Note: there is only one CSS school code (2785) for all of New York University’s global network campuses, which includes NYU Abu Dhabi.
- Students who feel that the CSS Profile application fee would be a financial hardship may request a CSS Profile fee payment code from the NYU Abu Dhabi Office of Admissions by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting the Profile application. NYU Abu Dhabi cannot issue any reimbursements if the fee is paid prior to getting a fee payment code.
- Important: Please do not hit the submit button until the application is complete. If, once the Profile is submitted, changes need to be made, students must email the Office of Financial Support a copy of the application acknowledgement pages and mark the questions that need to be updated. Additional documentation may be requested for application corrections.
- Once the CSS Profile application is received and reviewed, the Office of Financial Support may request supporting financial documentation in order to verify the information reported. If documents are requested, they must be submitted to the Office of Financial Support in English or with an English translation and figures converted into US Dollar. Please do not submit supporting documents until they are requested.
- Applicants who are not able to find their country of origin when completing the online Profile application should email the Office of Financial Support at email@example.com for further instructions.