All students who are applying for admission as Early Decision I/II or Regular Decision who would like to be considered for need-based financial aid at NYU Abu Dhabi must submit the CSS Profile(s) administered by the College Board by the appropriate deadline as listed below. NYU Abu Dhabi accepts applications for financial support from all students, regardless of citizenship.
The Fall 2022/Spring 2023 CSS Profile application(s) will be available as of October 1, 2021.
If you are applying to more than one campus of NYU, be sure to also review the financial aid policies and critical application deadlines for New York and Shanghai.
When to Apply
Financial Aid Deadlines
How to Apply
Each CSS Profile application is personalized based on the information the student provides when registering for the service.
Instructions for Getting Started
- Read the Getting Started section for instructions on how to sign in, the cost of the application, tutorials, and other helpful resources from the CollegeBoard. If you need additional assistance you may email/chat/call the CollegeBoard Customer Support Center for further assistance.
- Create a username and password to complete the CSS Profile for Fall 2022/Spring 2023 at cssprofile.org.
- Applicants with divorced, separated, or unmarried parents will need to have both parents submit their own separate CSS Profile applications. The deadline for the noncustodial parent is as follows: November 20 for Early Decision I; January 20 for Early Decision II; February 20 for Regular Decision, by 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time for all deadlines.
Under certain circumstances, NYU will consider waiving the CSS Profile for the noncustodial parent if the information cannot be obtained. The deadline to submit a CSS Profile Waiver Request for the Noncustodial Parent is by 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time for each date: November 20 for Early Decision I; January 20 for Early Decision II; February 20 for Regular Decision (the waiver form is available on the Applications and Forms section of the Office of Financial Aid website).
Please note that this requirement applies to ALL new NYU Abu Dhabi applicants who are applying for need-based financial support consideration. Failure to submit an application or waiver request for your noncustodial parent directly to NYU will make you ineligible to be considered for institutional scholarships.
If your noncustodial parent is deceased, please fill out the CSS Profile Waiver Request for the Noncustodial Parent to indicate this.
- CSS School Code: There is only one CSS school code (2785) for all of New York University's global network campuses, which includes NYU Abu Dhabi.
- Students who feel that the CSS Profile application fee would be a financial hardship may request a CSS Profile fee payment code using the CSS Profile Waiver Request Form. Please be sure to request a fee payment code and wait for a response before submitting the CSS Profile as no reimbursements can be granted if an applicant has already paid the fee prior to receiving a payment code.
- Important: Do not hit the submit button until the application is complete. If changes need to be made after you submit the application, students must email the Office of Financial Support a copy of the application acknowledgment pages and mark the questions that need to be updated. Additional documentation may be requested for application corrections.
- Applicants who are not able to find their country of origin when completing the online Profile application should email the Office of Financial Support at email@example.com for further instructions.
- Students will receive notification from the NYU Abu Dhabi Office of Financial Support if additional documentation is required to verify the information reported on their CSS Profile application(s). If If documents are requested, they must be submitted right away to the Office of Financial Support in English or with an English translation and figures converted into US Dollar. Please do not submit supporting documents until they are requested.