Political Science at NYU Abu Dhabi attracts students who are interested in the many important political questions — conceptual, empirical, policy-oriented — that societies everywhere face today.
- How do different political systems affect policy-making?
- What are the intrinsic and instrumental virtues of democracy?
- Why do dictatorships survive in many countries, but evolve into democracies in others?
- Why do countries go to war? What are the connections between internal conflicts (such as civil war) and political or economic development?
- What are the main characteristics and causes of economic underdevelopment? Why are prosperity and stagnation distributed so unequally, both across countries and within them?
The student with a passion for questions such as these finds the Political Science major most rewarding.