The NYUAD Mentorship Network is a student-driven mentoring program overseen by the Career Development Center that pairs students with professionals at organizations in the UAE for an intentional, focused season of mutually beneficial mentorship.
The Mentorship Network will screen mentee candidates for professionalism, soft skills, and goals. Mentees are asked to clarify what they want to receive from their mentor in advance to facilitate optimal matching. After pairing, mentors and mentees focus on topics ranging from decision making, shifting company culture, and management to more field-specific knowledge.
Our Mentor’s Commitment
- A desire to guide and orient ambitious students
- Bi-monthly interactions with the mentee (one hour per month at the minimum)
- Attend the launching and closing events, and participate in panel discussions and other events as appropriate
- Nine month-long commitment to supporting the assigned mentee (September–May)
- Provide feedback on mentoring experience
Our Mentee’s Commitment
- Being curious and maintaining a learning attitude
- Bi-monthly interactions with the mentor (one hour per month at the minimum)
- Attend the launching and closing program events, and other programs as appropriate
- Nine month-long commitment to the mentor (September–May)
- Provide feedback on the experience with the program