- Campus Life
Human Research Training Program
Under NYUAD’s Federal Wide Assurance, all researchers (e.g., principal investigators, co-investigators, faculty supervisors, student investigators, as well as other research personnel) who have involvement with human subjects need to demonstrate a basic knowledge of human research ethics, regulations, laws and local policies prior to initiating research with human subjects. At NYUAD, such training is assured for all research personnel who are involved with human research subjects by completing an online program through CITI: www.citiprogram.org
For New CITI Learners
How to register for the right course:
- Go to www.citiprogram.org. On the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click on “Register.” The registration process will walk you through 7 steps.
- In the registration process, you must affiliate with “New York University Abu Dhabi”.
- When prompted to select a course, select Social & Behavioral Educational under Question 2 of the Select Curriculum section, if you’re interested in conducting social and behavioral research. For biomedical research or research involving a collection of human tissue samples, please selection Biomedical Research. Other CITI learner group courses such as RCR do not provide sufficient human subjects research training and will not be accepted.
For returning Learners who have completed training at previous institutions:
- Go to www.citiprogram.org and log in.
- In the Main Menu please choose “Click here to affiliate with another institution.” Please read the directions and follow the steps to affiliate with New York University Abu Dhabi.
The approximate completion time can vary from learner to learner and also from module to module. We recommend allowing at least 15 minutes per module. Learners do not need to take the entire course in one sitting. Aggregate test scores of at least 80% are needed to receive a passing grade.
To save an electronic copy of the completion certificate, click on "Print Report." The report will open up as a PDF document which then can be saved (or printed for your records). You can also access your report at any time by logging into your CITI account.