NYUAD faculty, staff and students may borrow a variety of materials and equipment to support research and curricular needs.
To borrow equipment, present your NYU ID card at the Center for Academic Technology.
You can loan up to 3 equipment items at a time.
Items may be re-borrowed if there is stock available, if not the item will need to be returned to allow the rest of the community a chance to borrow the item.
Items that are returned late will incur fines and blocks.
- The current rate is 20 AED per item per 24 hours or part thereof, the fine becomes due as soon as the item is late. The maximum fine is 180 AED per item.
- Account blocks are 1 day per item per 24 hours or part thereof.
- Items that are extremely overdue (14 days) will be considered lost.
Please note that it is the individual's responsibility to return the equipment in its original condition on the assigned due date.
For more information about Library loan policies, please read NYUAD Library Borrowing Policies.
The equipment we have available includes:
- DSLR & Video Cameras and lenses
- Laptops - Mac & Windows
- Laptop accessories
- DSLR and video tripods
- LCD projectors
- USB memory sticks
- USB hard drives
- Presenter clickers
- Sound and voice recorders
- iPad & iPad accessories
- Bluetooth speakers
Full list of equipment is available on the Student Portal (netID required)