Prepare to succeed and lead in a truly global world.Study at NYUAD
Your journey to NYUAD starts here. Attend an application workshop or information session.Admissions Events
The challenges of our rapidly globalizing world are varied, complex, and cross-disciplinary.Featured Research
- Campus Life
Live the possibilities. Be part of a dynamic community of students from over 115 countries.Take a Tour
Exceptional education. World class research. Community-driven.Our Story
Laboratory of Applied Nonlinear Dynamics (LAND)
Laboratory of Applied Nonlinear Dynamics (L.A.N.D.) focuses on understanding various nonlinear phenomena and applying this understanding to resolve issues related to power generation, manufacturing, microelectromechanical systems, and origami structures.
The research currently performed at L.A.N.D. is focused on the following topics:
- Improving Performance of Energy Harvesters in Stochastic Environments.
- Understanding the Stick-Slip Dynamics in Ultrasonic Consolidation.
- Exploiting nonlinearities and non-traditional design concepts to improve the performance of flow energy harvesters.
- Exploiting Liquid-State Transduction Materials for Energy Harvesting.
- Dynamics of Origami-Based Structures
- Structural Morphing Using Dynamic Instabilities
- Developing Broadband Wave Energy Converters