- Campus Life
Laboratory of Applied Nonlinear Dynamics (LAND)
Laboratory of Applied Nonlinear Dynamics (L.A.N.D.) focuses on understanding various nonlinear phenomena and applying this understanding to resolve issues related to power generation, manufacturing, microelectromechanical systems, and origami structures.
The research currently performed at L.A.N.D. is focused on the following topics:
- Improving Performance of Energy Harvesters in Stochastic Environments.
- Understanding the Stick-Slip Dynamics in Ultrasonic Consolidation.
- Exploiting nonlinearities and non-traditional design concepts to improve the performance of flow energy harvesters.
- Exploiting Liquid-State Transduction Materials for Energy Harvesting.
- Dynamics of Origami-Based Structures
- Structural Morphing Using Dynamic Instabilities
- Developing Broadband Wave Energy Converters