Film and New Media Program
Upon completion of the NYU Abu Dhabi Film and New Media degree, all graduates are expected to have developed:
- Synthesize studies and practice in both academic scholarship and artistic production.
- Define and demonstrate “media literacy,” conceived as knowledge and creation of different elements, structures, aesthetics, genres and platforms relevant to film and new media cultures of film practices and industries.
- Demonstrate artistic, critical, and interpretive skills in making films and new media projects.
- Present arguments in written, oral, and visual forms, manifesting effective use of methods of investigation, critical vocabulary, organizational skill, and, where appropriate, new technologies.
- Demonstrate technical acumen in the use of hardware and software in the production and postproduction of filmmaking.
- Employ and defend an interdisciplinary conception of film and media in their transnational manifestations as they relate to other art forms and other academic fields across the curriculum.