- Campus Life
Students who major in Psychology at NYU Abu Dhabiu will develop:
- Specialized knowledge of the psychology scientific, theoretical literature.
- Comprehensive understanding of the critical problems and questions in psychology, including how to identify them, evaluate their importance, and prepare ways to study them.
- Technical, creative, and analytic skills to collect, analyze, and interpret various types of data. These skills will include a mastery of widely used computer-based data collection programs and statistical software packages.
- Advanced communication skills, including how to present their work according to the field’s academic standards. These skills will include a mastery of how to write papers in the style of the American Psychological Association (APA).
- The ability to recognize the ethical complexity of issues in psychology, including the necessity for academic integrity.
- Skills to self-evaluate and evaluate others through the peer-review process of critical idea exchange.