Upon graduation, NYU Abu Dhabi students who major in Physics will have acquired:
- Knowledge of Physics, Mathematics, and foundational Biology and Chemistry. Graduates who major in this program will possess advanced theoretical knowledge of the fundamental physical concepts believed to govern the behavior of everything in the universe, as well as the basic mathematical tools needed to understand and communicate physics, plus how they relate to basic biology and chemistry.
- Knowledge of specific areas of scientific research. Graduates who major in this program will possess knowledge on one or more contemporary advanced research topics in Physics.
- Analytical and Computer Aided Problem solving. Graduates who major in this program will have the capability of assess problems in physics and mathematics making use of scaling relations, symmetries, dimensional analysis, and estimation, and eventually get to an analytical or numerical solution using mathematical tools or computer calculations.
- Experimental Research skills. Graduates who major in this program will possess the skills to operate research grade experimental equipment. They will be able to get data out of the equipment, and analyse their significance using error theory and statistical tools. They will learn how to work in a collaborative environment.
- Scientific communication. Graduates who major in this program will be able to communicate their (or others’) findings in oral (public presentation) and written (peer reviewed journals) form.
- Critical thinking and analysis. Graduates who major in this program will be able to critically analyse and fruitfully discuss a scientific topic in physics. In particular, in the area of expertise mastered with PLO 2 they will be able to propose paths (either experimental or theoretical) for the advancement of that sector.