- Campus Life
Awards, Grants, and Patents
- Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Fund Grant, American Museum of Natural History. “Systematics of the Micrurus diastema species complex of coralsnakes” – $2,100 USD.
- Young Explores Grant, National Geographic Society. “Natural history of the rattlesnake Crotalus lannomi” – $5,000 USD.
- Phi Sigma Research Grant, University of Texas at Arlington. “Systematics of the snake genus Coniophanes”. – $750 USD.
- William F. Pyburn Award for Herpetological Research. University of Texas at Arlington.
- Chelonian Research Foundation - Linnaeus Fund Award. “Surveys to evaluate the conservation status of several Endemic Mexican Kinosternid turtles”. – $1,000 USD.
- International Environmental Science Fair Istanbul, Turkey. Third Place.
- Youth Ecology Award on Academic Merit. Colima, Mexico.
- Expo ESI-AmLat, Environmental Sciences Category. Fortaleza do Ceará, Brazil.
- First Place. • National Youth Award. Awarded by the President of Mexico, Vicente Fox-Quezada.
- Intel International Science Fair. Natural Sciences. Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Participant.
- State Ecology Award, Colima Mexico. Government of the State of Colima.
- Youth Ecology Award on Conservation. Colima, Mexico.
- National Mexican Youth Contest of Projects for Rural Development. First place.
- National Mexican Youth Contest of Science and Technology. First Place, Natural Sciences Category.