- Campus Life
Volunteering and Community Outreach
At NYU Abu Dhabi, we develop mutually beneficial partnerships to foster a deep commitment to civic engagement and service. We design volunteering and community-based learning opportunities for students that promote meaningful community involvement, embrace the rich diversity of the UAE, and cultivate ethical and inclusive leadership.
We endeavor to strengthen local, regional and global communities through advising, supporting and empowering students that are driven by social purpose, what we call ‘NYUAD Heart’.
A Vibrant Contributor
We strive to be a vibrant contributor to members of the NYUAD and UAE communities by:
- providing NYUAD students with professional training and work experience using inclusive, thoughtful, and innovative out-of-the-classroom experiences, which encourage the development of global leadership skills
- providing resources, talent, and mentorship opportunities to organizations and community members seeking to engage NYUAD students
- designing avenues for NYUAD students to give back to the UAE community through civic engagement, public service, and research
- highlighting the mutual benefits of philanthropy and civic engagement to both students and organizations to maximize the effectiveness and breadth of the community service experience
Signature Outreach Programs
- Inclusion and Special Needs
- Advocacy for Nonprofit Causes
As part of NYUAD’s commitment to support the development of a more inclusive society, NYUAD students participate in a variety of volunteer programs related to special needs.
As part of NYUAD’s commitment to support the development of a more inclusive society, our students participate in a variety of volunteer programs related to special needs.
Some of the programs include:
- Future Rehabilitation Center
- Special Needs Adaptive Program (SNAP) basketball
- Special Needs Adaptive Program (SNAP) aquatics
NYUAD students participate in a wide range of programs, including:
- volunteering with local organizations on projects focused on preserving culture and identity
- engaging in humanitarian work with a range of organizations and populations
- collaborating with peers at other UAE and regional universities
- raising environmental awareness through collaborations with UAE environmental agencies and organizations and hosting environmental-awareness events at NYUAD
- participating in global education conferences and workshops