- Campus Life
If you’ve been offered admission to NYU Abu Dhabi, you may request to defer your enrollment for up to one year. If your request is approved and you meet the requirements listed below, you do not have to file a new application and are guaranteed readmission for the next fall semester.
Important: You will need to re-confirm your intention to enroll when our new Early Decision students are expected to do so: you will receive an email in mid-December before your start term, prompting you to respond by early January. You will be held to the same expectations as “Early Decision” students; in essence, if you are approved to defer your enrollment, you are committed to enrolling at NYU but are simply making that commitment a year in advance.
Requirements for Deferment
- Complete the NYU Abu Dhabi Deferred Enrollment Request Form by May 31.
- You may not defer your enrollment to attend another college or university.
- You may not defer your enrollment to apply to other colleges and universities during your time away from NYU. If you do, your NYU Abu Dhabi admission will be revoked.
- Forward your final high school transcript indicating date of graduation to the NYU Office of Undergraduate Admissions immediately upon graduation. It is your responsibility to ensure that an official, final high school transcript is received by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- UAE Nationals Admitted to NYU Abu Dhabi: It is not necessary to file the CSS Profile. You will automatically be awarded the same level of financial support as initially offered.
- Non UAE Nationals Admitted to NYU Abu Dhabi: You will need to submit a CSS Profile for the upcoming academic year by February 15 (11:59pm EST) to receive the same level of financial support you were initially offered.
Students who defer their enrollment for one year will not be re-evaluated for new NYU scholarships and grants, so if a student missed the original deadline for the CSS Profile during the year they were originally offered admission and were not offered any scholarship as a result, they will still be ineligible for NYU scholarships and grants.
Students may be approved to defer their enrollment for a second or third year. A student approved for an additional year of deferred enrollment must reapply for all types of financial aid by February 15 prior to the fall semester of entry to be reviewed for current scholarship eligibility. The initial package offered upon their original admission will not be available. If any of the below applications are filed late, the student would not be reviewed for NYU scholarship or grant.
- CSS Profile — Students admitted to NYU Abu Dhabi by February 15 (11:59 pm EST)
- Profile/Waiver Request for noncustodial parent — All students admitted NYU Abu Dhabi whose parents are divorced, separated, or never married by February 20 (11:59 pm EST)
Housing is guaranteed for all NYU Abu Dhabi students.