Prepare to succeed and lead in a truly global world.Study at NYUAD
Your journey to NYUAD starts here. Attend an application workshop or information session.Admissions Events
The challenges of our rapidly globalizing world are varied, complex, and cross-disciplinary.Featured Research
- Campus Life
Live the possibilities. Be part of a dynamic community of students from over 115 countries.Take a Tour
Exceptional education. World class research. Community-driven.Our Story
- Received the 2017 best paper award with Ben Caldwell (former student) on energy harvesting from the Aerospace Division of the ASME for their paper published in Applied Physics Letters “Exploiting the Principle Parametric Resonance of an Electric Oscillator for Energy Harvesting”.
- Student best paper award (advisor), ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conference, IDETC (2016)
- C. D. Mote Jr. Early Career Award for Research Excellence in the field of Sound and Vibration, ASME Design Engineering Division, Technical Committee of Vibration and Sound (2016).
- Three of the top 25 most cited articles in the Journal of Sound and Vibration for the period 2010-2015 (Two of them sole author).
- Visiting Professor for Research Activities Award, University of Rome La Sapienza, (2014).
- Eastman Chemical Award for Research Excellence, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University (2014)
- Gary Anderson Early Achievement Award for Research Excellence in the field of Smart Materials and Structures, ASME Aerospace Division, (2014).
- Student best paper award (advisor), ASME Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems Conference, SMASIS (2014)
- Clemson University Board of Trustees Award for Faculty Excellence (2012).
- CAREER Award, National Science Foundation (2011), Dynamical Systems Program, CMMI.
- Kuwait University Research Reward (2011), Award is made for best paper published with a researcher from Kuwait University.
- Eugene Bishop Award for Teaching Excellence, PI TAU SIGMA (2011).
- Eugene Bishop Award for Teaching Excellence, PI TAU SIGMA (2010).