Prepare to succeed and lead in a truly global world.Study at NYUAD
Your journey to NYUAD starts here. Attend an application workshop or information session.Admissions Events
The challenges of our rapidly globalizing world are varied, complex, and cross-disciplinary.Featured Research
- Campus Life
Live the possibilities. Be part of a dynamic community of students from over 115 countries.Take a Tour
Exceptional education. World class research. Community-driven.Our Story
Apply for Admission
The Common Application is required for students applying to any or all of NYU's three degree-granting campuses in New York, Abu Dhabi, or Shanghai. Required school documents may be submitted directly through the Common Application or separately.
NYU applicants pay a non-refundable application fee of USD 80. Students who are unable to pay the application fee can request a fee waiver.
Common Application Explained
Watch this helpful video to learn about the process and deadlines.
- Contact information for the counselor or other school representative who will complete your Common Application School Report (including the Counselor Recommendation) and submit your official secondary school transcript.
- Contact information for a teacher who will complete the Teacher Evaluation form.
- Nonrefundable $80 application fee. Students who are unable to pay the application fee can request a fee waiver.
- To indicate campus of interest: When applying to NYU through the Common Application, you will be asked to indicate your primary campus of interest (Abu Dhabi, New York City, or Shanghai). While we assume Abu Dhabi will be your primary campus of interest, you have the option of indicating up to two alternate campuses of interest and your application will not be disadvantaged in any way if you choose to do so.
Submit Your Common Application School Report and Transcripts
- Common Application School Report and Transcripts
Make sure to have your counselor submit the Common Application Mid Year Report (with an updated transcript) by March 1 through the Common Application. This should show your first semester/term grades from your final year. Transcripts must come from an official source to be processed. Use your name exactly as it appears on your passport or birth certificate on your application and supporting documents.
- Teacher or Instructor Evaluation
Ask your counselor and teacher to complete and submit the required school forms. Once you provide an email address for your school officials in the Common Application, they will be sent a message inviting them to fill out the necessary forms online. While digital submission via the Common Application is preferred, they may submit any documents in hard copy by mail. You should follow up with your counselor and teacher to confirm that all required materials have been submitted on your behalf.
The school officials you identify do not need to wait for you to submit your application before they submit supporting materials, but universities will not be able to access their forms until you have submitted your application.
Submit Your Appropriate Standardized Testing
Send official score reports or predicted scores. Results from scholastic exams are an important criteria for evaluating our global pool of applicants. With that said, NYU has one of the most flexible testing policies of any college or university. You only have to submit results from one of the following:
- SAT (essay test not required)
- ACT (writing test not required)
- Three SAT Subject Test scores
- Three AP exam scores
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- Three IB higher-level exam scores if not an IB Diploma candidate
- Nationally accredited exam that shows you completed your secondary education
Note: Test scores must come from an official source to be processed. Use your name exactly as it appears on your passport or birth certificate on your application and supporting documents.
You will need to submit one teacher or instructor evaluation. When you start the Common Application online, make sure you have contact information for a teacher who will complete the Teacher Evaluation form.
Once you provide an email address for your school officials in the Common Application, they will be sent a message inviting them to fill out the evaluation form online.
Remember: Use your name exactly as it appears on your passport or birth certificate on your application and supporting documents.
Short Response (Essay)
You will need to submit a short response to one question on the Common Application: Why NYU? This is probably one of the most important parts of the NYU application. Make sure you talk about why you're interested in studying your intended major. If you're undecided, you may talk about why you want to figure it out at NYU.
Deadlines for Applying to NYU Abu Dhabi
Application Deadline * Decision Early Decision I November 1 December 15 Early Decision II January 1 February 15 Regular Decision January 1 April 1
* The cut-off time for applications is 11:59pm, EST.
To be considered official, all documents (including academic transcripts) require an original signature of the registrar or other designated school official, or the institution's seal. If a document isn't in English, then a translation should be provided (a school official or a translation agency accredited in your country can issue the translation). All official testing should come from the relevant examination board or testing agency.
Note: Transcripts and test scores must come from an official source to be processed. Use your name exactly as it appears on your passport or birth certificate on your application and supporting documents.
New York University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
383 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003
or via email to email@example.com
If you are certain NYU Abu Dhabi is the right university for you, consider applying through Early Decision.
If you are interested in pursuing certain majors within the Arts and Humanities, you have the option of submitting an artistic audition and/or portfolio.