Why do I need to apply to NYU Abu Dhabi so far in advance? How should I plan out this process?
Approaching your senior year...
Before You Apply — Research!
- Speak with your high school counselor about applying to universities. Visit websites, attend info sessions, and learn more about your university options.
- Look into testing dates if you plan to take the SAT, ACT, or other exams that are only offered at certain times.
Fall of your senior year of high school...
Submitting Your Application
- Pay close attention to our application deadlines — see How and When to Apply. Decide whether you want to apply Early Decision I (ED-I), Early Decision II (ED-II), or Regular Decision (RD). See the NYUNY site on Early Decision.
- The NYU Abu Dhabi application is available online each year from the end of the summer through our last application deadline (January 1). Go to our Admissions page to find links to the application and register a Common Application account. Take a look through the application and our list of requirements to see what you will need to submit by the deadline.
- Talk to your teachers and counselor about writing recommendation forms for you, and request that your school submits your official transcripts.
November to April of your senior year...
The Decision Process
- Between the time that you submit your application and when we get back to you with a decision, our admissions office has a lot going on! We review thousands of applications, invite top qualified students to Candidate Weekends at our campus, and ultimately decide — based on a holistic assessment of a student's application and evaluation during a Candidate Weekend — whether a student will be admitted to NYU Abu Dhabi.
- Depending on whether a student has applied ED-I, ED-II, or RD, he or she will be notified of our admissions decision by mid-December, end of February, or April 1, respectively. Admitted students will be notified of a financial support award at the same time.
Summer before starting at NYU Abu Dhabi...
- After being admitted to NYU Abu Dhabi and establishing intent to enroll, a student begins the transition process over the summer. Admitted students will be contacted regarding housing assignments, visa requirements, health forms, and other necessary information.
- Toward the end of the summer, students are connected with their faculty mentor and choose their courses for the fall semester.
- Students arrive in Abu Dhabi a week before classes start for "Marhaba (Welcome) Week."