Xingchao Chen, Postdoctoral Associate is a Postdoctoral Associate at the Center for Prototype Climate Modeling (CPCM) at NYU Abu Dhabi.
PhD, Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University, 2016
BS, Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University, 2016
Xingchao Chen is a Postdoctoral Associate at the Center for Prototype Climate Modeling (CPCM) at NYU Abu Dhabi. Xingchao also worked as a Visiting Doctoral Student at both the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado (2013) and at the Department of Meterology at Penn State University (2015).
His research interests include:
- climatology of monsoonal convective systems: morphology, rainfall contribution, convective and microphysical properties, and regime variations
- diurnal cycle and propagation of monsoonal convective systems
- mesoscale dynamics and convective processes: land-sea breeze, extreme rainfall events, and orographic effects
- numerical weather prediction, data assimilation
- ground-based and satellite remote sensing