The Water Research Center (NYUAD-WRC) at New York University Abu Dhabi aims to promote innovative research in water desalination, wastewater treatment, environmental policy and social issues that will lead to water security and sustainability. The center serves as an interdisciplinary innovation hub for water research where scientific knowledge is transformed into practical solutions.
Research at the WRC falls into the following focus areas and/or at the intersection of two or more areas:
- Advanced desalination technologies
- Wastewater treatment and reuse
- Sustainable environmental processes
- Water governance and policy.
- To establish itself as a global innovation hub for water by supporting cutting-edge multidisciplinary research and development in water-related technologies, environmental processes and water policy. This will contribute to NYUAD’s mission to push forward the frontiers of knowledge and respond to global challenges in interdisciplinary ways.
- To generate educational opportunities and foster human capital through relevant training initiatives and degree programs.
- To harness practical solutions for the water sector through technology transfer activities and engagement of local and regional stakeholders.
- To develop a unique framework of research and education to advance integrated water research to tackle water challenges in the region and beyond.