Prepare to succeed and lead in a truly global world.Study at NYUAD
Your journey to NYUAD starts here. Attend an application workshop or information session.Admissions Events
The challenges of our rapidly globalizing world are varied, complex, and cross-disciplinary.Featured Research
- Campus Life
Live the possibilities. Be part of a dynamic community of students from over 115 countries.Take a Tour
Exceptional education. World class research. Community-driven.Our Story
Xingchao Chen, Postdoctoral Associate is a Postdoctoral Associate at the Center for Prototype Climate Modeling (CPCM) at NYU Abu Dhabi.
PhD, Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University, 2016
BS, Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University, 2016
Xingchao Chen is a Postdoctoral Associate at the Center for Prototype Climate Modeling (CPCM) at NYU Abu Dhabi. Xingchao also worked as a Visiting Doctoral Student at both the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado (2013) and at the Department of Meterology at Penn State University (2015).
His research interests include:
- climatology of monsoonal convective systems: morphology, rainfall contribution, convective and microphysical properties, and regime variations
- diurnal cycle and propagation of monsoonal convective systems
- mesoscale dynamics and convective processes: land-sea breeze, extreme rainfall events, and orographic effects
- numerical weather prediction, data assimilation
- ground-based and satellite remote sensing