Why Are We Conducting This Research
The Tharawat and NYUAD research team will:
- Collect and centralize existing data and documentation on family businesses
- Create/transcribe oral history interviews with families.
- Create a digital archive and/or exhibition.
- Foster scholarly research and publications in family business research.
- Host annual workshops and events documenting the history of family businesses in the GCC/MENASA region.
What will happen with this Information
- Oral and written interviews will be collected, archived and used to jointly produce case studies, books, and other publications
- Private archival information provided can be restored, digitized, and preserved in the NYUAD Archives & Special Collections
This research project is based on the principle of confidentiality. Families involved in this project will have complete control of the information they provide. No information will be archived or published without the written consent of the family.