The person I was when I first came to NYU Abu Dhabi is definitely not the same person that I am today, and I say that with the utmost gratitude.
- Campus Life
NYU Abu Dhabi draws students of all backgrounds from around the world to create a uniquely diverse and dynamic student body.
Admission to NYU Abu Dhabi is highly selective and you will need to demonstrate, through your application:
- academic excellence
- sustained and meaningful extracurricular involvement
- strong and supportive letters of recommendation
- commitment to supporting a global, interconnected community through service and leadership
Candidate Weekend is the second and final step of the NYU Abu Dhabi selection process. Participation in Candidate Weekend is by invitation only and is offered to the most competitive applicants who have demonstrated the strongest fit for our campus and community.
The best advice we can offer is: plan ahead! The application process is time-consuming and we ask for a great deal of information (in order to better evaluate your candidacy). Do not save anything until the last minute, and make sure you are in contact with those who will be submitting application materials on your behalf.
- One Year Out
- Completing the Application
- The Decision Process
- Speak with your high school counselor about applying to universities. Visit websites, attend information sessions, and learn more about your university options.
- Look into testing dates if you plan to take the SAT, ACT, or other exams that are only offered at certain times. Familiarize yourself with NYU Abu Dhabi’s flexible testing policy.
- Talk to your teachers and counselor about writing recommendation forms for you and request that your school submits your official transcripts.
- Create your Common Application account (you can also do this over the summer and it will transfer your information once the application period opens).
- Pay attention to deadlines! Decide whether you want to apply Early Decision I (EDI), Early Decision II (EDII), or Regular Decision (RD). Visit the NYU Admissions blog for advice about applying Early Decision.
- Submit your application!
- Depending on whether you have applied EDI, EDII, or RD, you will be notified of our admissions decision by mid-December, the end of February, or April 1, respectively. If you will be receiving financial aid, this award will be presented to you along with your admissions decision.
- If you have been chosen to participate in Candidate Weekend, you will be notified via the email you provided in your Common Application.