Student Application Checklist
- Expand all [+]
To complete the Common Application, search for and select New York University.
Be sure to select NYU Abu Dhabi as your campus of interest in the "Questions" section under the "My Colleges" tab.
Ask your counselor or adviser and instructor(s) to complete and submit the required school forms (see below). By providing an email address for your school officials when you complete the Common Application, they will be sent a message inviting them to fill out the recommendation forms online. If necessary, they may submit any documents in hard copy by mail. You, the student, should follow up with your teacher and counselor to confirm that materials have been submitted on your behalf.
- Please note: The school officials you identify do not need to wait for you to submit your application before they submit supporting materials, but universities will not be able to access their forms until you have submitted your application.
- If you choose to complete the forms on paper, you should print the appropriate PDF forms, fill in the application information area, and provide the forms to your counselor and instructor(s).
- School report
- At least one teacher evaluation form
- Mid-year report with updated transcript, showing first semester/term grades from your final year of secondary school, by March 1
- Final report with final transcript showing proof of graduation, by July 1 (for admitted students only)
- All scores should be submitted as official reports directly from the testing agency (if possible) or from a student's school counselor with an official stamp.
- TOEFL and IELTS scores may be submitted as additional support of a student's English ability, but do not satisfy our exam requirements.
- The NYU code for submitting SAT and TOEFL scores is 2562. The NYU code for submitting ACT scores is 2838. Any other exam scores should be sent directly to the address above.
Applicants to NYU Abu Dhabi are expected to pay a non-refundable USD 70 application fee, which can be paid online. If you must submit a check or money order instead, please include your name and Common Application and/or NYU University ID number on your check or money order. Please make your check or money order payable to New York University and send to:
NYU Abu Dhabi Admissions
19 Washington Square North
New York, NY 10011 USA
Please do not send cash under any circumstances.
If you do not have a valid passport, you should apply for one as soon as possible.
Though not required, NYU Abu Dhabi encourages all students to submit a financial support application.
Students who wish to highlight their talent in the fine or performing arts — visual art, music, theater, film, and new media — beyond what is possible in the Common Application may submit an Optional Arts Portfolio. — Get more information