- Campus Life
Kawader Research Assistantship Program
Kawader is a unique research program that allows outstanding graduates to gain experience in a cutting-edge academic research environment. This individually tailored, intensive, two-year program is designed for graduates considering a graduate degree or a career in research.
Ayisha Hassan Khansaheb, a graduate of Zayed University, is working on a historic project to collect stories, recipes, and artifacts from elderly women in the UAE.
Two-Year Intensive Program
Learning Objective Outcomes Develop research skills Research assistants will gain experience and develop necessary research skills to equip them for their field.
Develop professional skills Research assistants will be provided with required training in personal, interpersonal, and general administrative skills.
Prepare for graduate school Research assistants will be provided with orientation required to be strong candidates for graduate schools. The program immerses participants in specific fields of research — sciences, humanities, and social sciences — and provides technical, professional, and graduate school preparation support.
I chose this program because it caters to the individual needs of every researcher. You work very closely with your supervisor, your professor and they guide you through not only your own individual project but their projects as well.
Important Program Details
- There are a limited number of assistantships available each year.
- Assistantships are associated with specific positions — the positions and disciplines vary annually.
- Assistantships are fixed-term positions — research assistants spend two years in a single research lab or scholarly project.
- Research assistantships are not renewable.
- A position description is developed for each opportunity — applicants must apply for a specific position.
- The responsibilities for each available position are described in the position description.
Please note: the Kawader Research Assistantship program is now at capacity.
Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree and have a strong interest in undertaking a graduate degree and/or continuing a career in research. It is expected that the applicant's major/degree is closely aligned with the requirements of the position, and that the applicant will have developed the basic skills and knowledge required by the position. Applications must include:
- Statement of interest in the position (maximum one page)
- Transcript of degree(s)
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty or research supervisors
UAE nationals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please follow the position links below and upload all necessary documents.
Please note: the Kawader Research Assistantship program is now at capacity. Please see the list below for positions that will be available soon.