- Campus Life
Manager, Investment Operations - Budget Office
- Job Number
- Posting Date
- December 6, 2018
About the Position
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Manager, Investment Operations reporting to the Director, Budgeting, Financial Planning & Analysis.
This is a newly introduced position to NYUAD where the post holder will manage and prioritize the institution’s short and long-term investments which includes NYUAD’s Endowment Fund.
The Manager, Investment Operations will be a key position within the university and will focus primarily on supporting the investment activities of the University. Primary responsibilities include managing existing investment relationships across all asset classes, manage the University’s investment, sourcing of new investment ideas, portfolio strategy and research efforts.
The successful candidate will identify, evaluate, recommend, and monitor investment opportunities for the private markets portfolios (private equity, venture capital, real estate and natural resources). In addition, s/he will manage a range of areas, including development of asset allocation policies and investment and risk management strategies.
- Further develop and manage university’s investment policies, withdrawal policy and spend policy; including return objectives, relevant risks, asset allocation guidelines, provisions for rebalancing, appropriate portfolio and asset-class benchmarks, and considered views on indexing and currency hedging. All this should be aligned with NYU’s global practices
- Valuing and analyzing different investment proposals and recommending the suitable opportunities to the management for the approval
- Building financial models and undertaking valuations
- Implementing the investment policy effectively and efficiently
- Manage NYUAD’s investments (including NYUAD Endowment) in order to meet the organization's financial and investment objectives
- Researching new asset classes and strategies
- Staying current on investment trends, communicating proactively with colleagues, and building and maintaining a network within the manager community
- Working with accounting team to verify compliance of cash transactions and valuation amounts to the controlling agreement
- Providing oversight and analysis of the tracking and modeling of cash flow activity from the private market portfolio and its impact on the total endowment and liquidity position
- Supporting the continuing refinement and enhancement of analytical tools for performance reporting, benchmarking, risk reporting and cash flow forecasting for the private markets portfolio and as it relates to the total portfolio level
- Working with Investment Operations staff to ensure proper accounting, performance measurement and compliance with procedures and policies
- Maintaining knowledge of global macro and micro economic conditions and capital markets, advocating ideas and being a key contributor to investment discussions and initiatives involving all investment classes in the endowment’s portfolio
- Performing due diligence (research and analysis) on new and existing investment managers
- Deciding when and how to most effectively utilize consultants
- Bachelor’s in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Investments and/or Business
- Master’s in Business Administration
- Certified Financial Analyst or related accreditation(s)
- A minimum of seven years of investment management with a minimum of three years working within private equity, venture capital, real estate, and/or natural resources
- Knowledge of portfolio management and understanding of capital markets
- A demonstrated track record of outstanding long-term investment performance in private asset classes and accountability versus a benchmark with an awareness and sensitivity to risk/return trade-offs and liquidity and spending constraints
- Ability to think critically and strategically with strong applied quantitative skills related to finance, statistics and modeling
- Proven ability to apply solid investment judgment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.