- Campus Life
Center Coordinator - Center for Global Sea Level Change (Fixed Term for 2 Years/Part Time)
- Job Number
- Posting Date
- December 6, 2018
About the Position
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Center Coordinator reporting to the Principal Investigator.
The Center for Sea Level Change (CSLC) combines observations and computer models to understand past, and project future, sea-level rise. The center brings together regional and international research experts to tackle this challenging and societally relevant problem.
The Center Coordinator will manage day-to-day administrative activities of the Center, with labs at NYU Abu Dhabi and New York; not limited to human-resource management, performance reviews, personnel leave tracking, finance and budgeting, meetings organization, webpage content, report writing, and cloud-file management.
This will be a 0.5 FTE (17.5 hours per week) located at NYU Abu Dhabi requiring one-half day of work each workday of the week.
- Manage human resources of the Center at both Abu Dhabi and New York labs. Oversee for Center the hiring or new researchers, probation/performance reviews of all researchers, and leave tracking. Coordinate the onboarding/off-boarding of all personnel (staff, researchers, students, visitors)
- Lead the finance and budget management of the Center, including budget tracking, balancing, and projection. Oversee purchasing needs and reimbursement of personnel. Proactively ensure external vendors paid promptly. Review all Center expenses and invoices for accuracy, resolve discrepancies. Produce detailed and summary monthly budget reports to management, highlighting any financial or budget discrepancies
- Organize small and large-scale events held by the Center (workshops, conferences, panels, advisory board meetings, special visitors), including arrangement of all event and guest logistics (travel, accommodation, transportation, and special requests)
- Oversee the design of the Center website for both Abu Dhabi and New York labs. Routinely update research, news, and event announcement content and receive, forward, respond to and archive inquiries sent to the Center
- File internal-to-NYUAD monthly activity report and annual progress reports for the Center. File external-to-NYUAD annual agency progress reports (CliC, NSF, NASA, DOE, ONR). Compile science proposals to external-to-NYUAD agencies
- Coordinate compilation and filing of annual research plans and annual progress reports for individual researchers. Coordinate Annual Merit Increase for researchers
- Collect electronic meeting reports, abstracts, posters, publications, and presentations made by Center personnel in a shared cloud-file storage. Organize and maintain all Center software, electronic manuals, and data sets in a private cloud-file storage
- Maintain documented photo inventory of all Center science equipment, as well as asset tagging of equipment in Center labs, and elsewhere. Manage proximity pass card access to laboratory for Center personnel and visitors. Oversee and maintain physical workspace of Center personnel and Center labs
- Coordinate Visiting Scholar appointments. Manage Visiting Scholar and other visitor travel, including housing, travel visa, NYU ID card, and office space bookings
- Arrange individual in-person or video-chat between each Center personnel and management once a month. Other assorted duties (special requests from management, or NYUAD, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of progressive administrative support function experience
- Finance and Budget management is the key skill required.
- Software expertise (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Webpage creation and management
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.