- Campus Life
Junior Graphic Designer - Public Affairs and Communications
- Job Number
- Posting Date
- October 18, 2018
About the Position
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Junior Graphic Designer to work for the Office of Public Affairs. Reporting to the Senior Graphic Designer, the Junior Graphic Designer will serve as a brand champion and graphic design liaison for the Office of Public Affairs and the NYUAD community. This individual will act as a point of contact for design and execute printed marketing materials such as brochures, rollup banners, event collateral, infographics, and booklets. He/she will assist in the creation of visuals to support the broader objectives of the department and also ensure that NYUAD brand guidelines and design concepts are consistently applied in order to maintain a strong and coherent brand for the University.
NOTE: Applicants should ensure that their CV includes a link to their portfolio. Candidates who do not comply with this requirement will not be considered.
- Work with the Senior Graphic Designer to deliver creative, cutting-edge designs for a variety of communications materials that are consistent with NYUAD’s brand guidelines
- Liaise with internal clients and team members to generate creative ideas and concepts, and discuss effective solutions for projects
- Ensure the proper use of the NYUAD brand on any collateral representing NYUAD
- Assist in digital and image asset management
- Help manage and maintain a database of media release forms for students, faculty, and others as required
- Coordinate with freelance vendors (i.e., photographers, printers, logo creation) as needed, and advise on creative direction and product requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, or any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge and skills
- Adeptness with leading design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro) and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy regardless of project size
- Willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Arabic a plus
- 1 to 3 years creative industry experience
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.