- Campus Life
CAD Operator - Campus Operations (Fixed-Term for 6 Months)
- Job Number
- Posting Date
- October 10, 2018
About the Position
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a CAD Operator reporting to the Facilities Assessment and Planning Manager.
The position will be responsible to provide day-to-day assistance in converting and modifying the existing CAD drawings as required. The individual will also conduct routine campus space and occupants/allocation surveys. The incumbent will additionally prepare drawings and layouts for office space re-configurations.
- Ensure all CAD drawings are converted to NYUAD standard templates
- Organize drawings, create and/or modify using the University’s drafting standards
- Update and track Space Management Systems drawings
- Routine campus space and occupants/allocation survey
- Coordinate filing, storage and retrieval of both manual and electronic drawings
- High school diploma
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible drafting and/or construction-related CAD experience
- Must have working knowledge of CAD standards, PC application software and drafting practices
- Familiarity with, and understanding of engineering concepts and terminology is important
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, current version of Auto CAD and/or Micro station, Excel and MS Office
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.