- Campus Life
Assistant Manager, Customs Operations - Procurement
- Job Number
- Posting Date
- September 5, 2018
About the Position
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Assistant Manager - Customs Operations reporting to the Assistant Director, Travel Services & Logistics.
The position will take on the daily responsibility of directing, managing and maintaining overall customs operations procedures to ensure that the university supply chain operates in conformity with UAE and foreign customs/government rules and regulations.
In developing the profile of this function the Asst. Manager – Customs Operations is expected to become a key enabler & educator to organization, assuming ownership and accountability for development requirement, addressing with and seeking buy-in from the NYUAD community.
It is expected that at all times the Asst. Manager – Customs Operations shall be considering achievement of maximum value for money and risk mitigation for NYUAD whilst delivering the needs of the customer.
Customs Clearance Management
- Obtain permits for all import and export of goods from Government Authorities (NMC, MOH, FANR,MOFA,MOEW,MOI etc)
- Review shipping documents for accurate product descriptions, appropriate tariff classifications (HS Codes) and ensure regulatory requirements are met for import/export of goods
- Collaborate with procurement and logistics to review and identify customs documentation requirements
- Manage import/export process in compliance with UAE and foreign government laws and regulations
- Establish standard operating procedures that is compliant with university processes and policies
- Act as a focal point for customs related information for internal and external stakeholders
Customs Documentation Management
- Coordinate efforts with vendor, freight forwarders and clearing agents to prepare supporting documents required for timely clearance of goods
- Prepare permission and duty exemption related customs documents for relevant imports/exports
- Accurately prepare and process import codes renewals in Abu Dhabi and Dubai Customs
- Work with relevant customs offices for university duty refund/exemptions and reconciliation
- Maintain a database of all import/export permits obtained
- Develop standard template repository for customs clearance documentation
Business Relationship/Stakeholder Management
- Work with university supply chain operations and vendors to gather complete set of shipping documents for customs clearance purposes, and ensure its compliance with customs regulations
- Maintain and build business relationships with UAE ministries and Customs Authorities
- Work with Abu Dhabi and Dubai Airport Services & Sea Port Authorities to be abreast with most updated policies and procedures
- Manage excellent relationships with university vendors and end user departments to establish a high level of customer service
- Bachelors degree
- Certification - IATA DGR CAT 6
- Logistics management
- Customs operations procedures
- Logistics operations
- Airline cargo
- Freight forwarding
- Higher education
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.