- Campus Life
Exhibitions Projects Manager - Art Gallery (Fixed- Term for 1 Year)
- Job Number
- Posting Date
- March 8, 2018
About the Position
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Exhibitions Projects Manager, reporting to the Gallery Director and Chief Curator.
The Exhibitions Projects Manager will oversee and coordinate the preparation and production of exhibition projects, with a particular focus on “special projects” that fall outside the day-to-day departmental roles. This might include unusual installations and hybrid projects presenting ideas in an exhibition format.
The Exhibition Projects Manager will align the project teams both internally and externally for each exhibition undertaken by the department. He or she will maintain curatorial production quality control, collaborate with artists to enable production, and liaise with specialized vendors.
The position works closely with the Chief Curator and Gallery Director to enable high-level oversight of exhibition needs, and works closely with the Chief Preparator, Registrar, Publications, and vendors as needed. They will be the key point-person on quality control and schedule coordination. The position will also be the key point of production coordination for the annual Christo Award.
During intensive exhibition installs if needed they will support production, install, and preparation of objects and projects for exhibition.
- Curatorial Production: Special Projects Management
- Project Space Community exhibition supervision
- Christo Award production coordination
- Liaise between internal and external exhibition stakeholders
- Quality control on exhibition production, including overall exhibition product
- Generating and tracking timelines for projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in art or related field
- Project Management certification
- Museum and gallery exhibition production
- Working with artists to enable production of their artwork
- Production of physical objects
- Demonstrated high level of organizational and communication skill
- Art installation
- Exhibition design
- Project management
- Office administration
- Art-making including photography, painting, sculpture
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.