- Campus Life
Payroll Administrator - Finance
- Job Number
- Posting Date
- February 21, 2018
About the Position
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) is seeking to appoint a Payroll Administrator to work in the Finance department. This position will report to the Payroll Manager and be responsible for delivering net payroll to all faculty and staff at NYUAD.
The position holder will be the first point of contact for all payroll related queries, play a key role in coordinating between various departments, accurately maintain employee data and manage the workload carried out by NYUAD’s external consultant for tax levelization purposes.
Student and Off-cycle Payroll:
• Upload payment files created after payroll run on bank portal for pay to be released to staff. Liaise with departments to ensure timely payments to students for the correct retro hours worked.
• Ensure accuracy of tax forms for students and ensure that all information/ payment has relevant supporting documentation attached.
• Manage the end of service and final settlements for staff who are leaving NYUAD.
• Organize meetings with different departments and identify new streamlined processes in order to ensure efficiency in processing of student payroll.
• Input data relating to staff payments into the payroll database on a regular basis, ensuring that staff are paid on time and receive correct payments.
• Coordinate payroll documents collection and ensure that all forms are filled duly and on time.
• Liaise with the Housing Department to charge accurate housing rental to all staff including ensuring correct housing loan deductions.
• Review exception reports to identify variances and recognize errors including system integration errors.
• Enter all tax information for US citizens and follow up for timely submission of accurate forms including reporting in-kind benefits.
• Conduct regular checks to ensure the integrity of the payroll database, update data as necessary and ensure that the payroll database is working properly and that problems are identified and relayed to the IT Department.
• Participate in any projects to develop the payroll processes and database, take lead on identifying improvements and play a key role in implementing any changes.
Queries Management and Customer Service:
• Address enquiries from staff and external contacts and agencies in relation to salary, taxation and any other payroll related matters.
• Liaise with relevant Departments to resolve queries related to payroll.
• Coordinate efforts between relevant Departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, overtime, leave balances and retirement contribution reports).
• Validate travel allowances of staff with the HR Department on a regular basis.
• Liaise with the Ministry Human Resources & Emiratization and the Immigration Department for all staff related matters and queries.
• Liaise with the Student Office team for all student related payroll and ensure accuracy of recorded information.
• Liaise on a continuous basis with the Provost Office for Chartfield management.
• Liaise with the Pension Authorities for all Emirati and GCC National employed by NYUAD and ensure all pension entries are passed accurately.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Recognized Payroll Certification(s) will be preferred
- Three to five years of progressive work experience in a similar or related role
- Experience with payroll practices of higher education, not-for-profit, and/or major decentralized international organizations
- Advanced user in MS Excel and MS Word
- Proficiency in using various Payroll systems
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.