- Campus Life
- Press Room
Laboratory Technical Manager - Marine Biogeochemistry (Fixed Term for two years)
- Job Number
- Posting Date
- July 8, 2015
About the Position
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Laboratory Technical Manager for the marine biogeochemistry laboratory.
This position will primarily be responsible for running metabolomics samples from marine algae and bacteria on the core facility’s Agilent QTOF-mass spectrometer (QTOF-MS) and maintaining laboratory microbial culture collection. This will include being able to isolate, culture and maintain algal and bacterial isolates in the lab along with conducting occasional fieldwork.
- Extracting metabolites from cultures and operating the QTOF-MS instrument to analyze these samples
- Maintain laboratory culture collection of algae and bacteria
- Conduct basic laboratory duties including isolation of nucleic acids and organic molecules from biological samples, analyzing data and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Monitor the inventory of scientific supplies
- Participate in occasional fieldwork to collect seawater samples
- Master's degree in Analytical Chemistry or a relevant discipline
- Training in an internationally recognised institution
- PhD in relevant field
- Minimum of two years of scientific experience in support of a science laboratory with a strong emphasis on metabolomics workflow
- Knowledge of metabolomics and/ or genomics
- Ability to carry out typical administrative duties and work as part of a team
- Publications in a peer reviewed journal
- Experience in working with Algal cultures
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.