The Light Microscopy CTP is equipped with state-of-the-art instruments for imaging biological samples using a range of methods, including phase contrast, differential interference contrast (DIC), and fluorescence. It hosts standard bright field microscopes as well as fully automated laser scanning microscopes (upright and inverted) that enable multicolor imaging of surfaces and 3D volumes with diffraction-limited resolution. The facility provides access to both confocal and multi-photon microscopes for live imaging and imaging of deep tissues.
Current applications at NYUAD range from neuronal development studies to analysis of photo-induced chemical reactions in crystalline matter and include characterization of cell-penetrating peptides as drug delivery vectors as well as oncogene regulation/activation studies.
- Leica DMI3000 Fluorescence Inverted Microscope
- Leica DMI6000 DIC/Fluorescence Inverted Microscope
- Leica SP8 Confocal Upright Microscope with White Light Laser
- Olympus FV1000 Confocal/2-Photon Inverted Microscope
- Olympus FV1000 Confocal/2-Photon Upright Microscope
- Nikon LV100 DIC/Fluorescence Metallurgical Microscope
- Nikon LV100 Motorized Metallurgical Microscope
- Nikon SMZ18 Stereomicroscope