The 1st NYU Biomedical and Biosystems Conference will be held during April 9-11 2017, at NYUAD. The event will bring researchers from multidisciplinary backgrounds and research interests including Engineers, Scientists, and Clinicians, to discuss recent advances in Biomedical and Biosystems research across the global network of NYU, the Middle East region, as well as around the world.
Healthcare systems represent one of the six national priorities of the UAE Vision 2021, recognized as a key focus sector by the UAE National Innovation Strategy, and signify an important component of the Economic Vision 2030 of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. The global network of NYU is also strongly committed to a strategy of developing Bioengineering and Global Public Health studies to reform the Global Public Health paradigm.
The aim of this conference is to align with the urgent need of developing better healthcare systems in the Middle East, and bring the latest breakthroughs of Biomedical and Biosystems research to the discussion table in NYUAD.
The event is envisioned to represent a framework for exchanging and sharing experience and research results between researchers from the different NYU campuses, and connecting NYU researchers with local, regional, and international experts in the field. The event is also aiming to foster research collaborations between NYU campuses and to enhance scientific ties with other local, regional, and international institutes.
Speakers are by invitation only, while the conference is open to the public audience. Speakers include include faculty from the global network of NYU, as well as local, regional, and international researchers. Several keynote speeches will be delivered by world-renowned researchers.
The conference will cover a broad range of topics including, but not limited to, the following:
- Biomaterials & Tissue Engineering
- Biomechanics & MechanoBiology
- Cell Biology, BioEngineering, & NeuroEngineering
- Drug Discovery & Delivery
- MicroSystems & Biosensors
- Translational Medicine
The designed combination of the scientific sessions make this conference exceptional in the Middle East region, and are expected to attract high quality discussions that break scientific boundaries and bridge between the different disciplines.
We are looking forward to an excellent meeting, with experts from countries throughout the world sharing their new and exciting results in this, the 1st NYU Biomedical and Biosystems Conference.
- Mohammad Qasaimeh, NYU Abu Dhabi
- Sunil Kumar, NYU Abu Dhabi
- Weiqiang Chen, NYU Tandon
- Aaron Watson, NYU Abu Dhabi
- Alesha Castillo, NYU Tandon
- Ali Trabolsi, NYU Abu Dhabi
- Dipesh Chaudhury, NYU Abu Dhabi
- Emilie Dressaire, NYU Tandon
- Jin Montclare, NYU Tandon
- Kalle Levon, NYU Tandon
- Mary Cowman, NYU Tandon
- Mazin Magzoub, NYU Abu Dhabi
- Rafael Song, NYU Abu Dhabi
- Richard Thorsen, NYU Tandon
- Sachin Khapli, NYU Abu Dhabi
- Sohmyung Ha, NYU Abu Dhabi
- Tamara Gjorgjieva, NYU Abu Dhabi
- Vittoria Flamini, NYU Tandon
- Youssef Idaghdour, NYU Abu Dhabi