Classroom learning is only a small part of your college experience. Build your leadership skills, work as a team, and engage the community through a variety of activities, student-led organizations, and conferences.
Connecting Academic Pursuits with Personal Passions
Our activities and programs aim to:
- Empower you to shape the campus culture and community, taking on responsibility and develop critical leadership skills.
- Enhance your student experience on and off campus through community building, establishing traditions, and recreational outlets.
Student Interest Groups (SIGs)
SIGs are a place where you’ll find others who share your passions in life. They’re fertile ground to develop friendships, and will challenge you to grow and express yourself across a wide spectrum of activities and discussions. New groups are founded each year, and we look forward to seeing what you bring to the table.
A glimpse into some categories of our Student Interest Groups:
- Academic and professional pursuits
- Art, media, and literature
- Cooking and food
- Cultural and religious traditions
- Music and performance
- Outreach and engagement
- Sports and athletics
- Technology and entrepreneurship
Sometimes you have a big idea that you believe will inspire people to help change the world or make a significant impact on our local community. The opportunities call together diverse communities of people, create leadership development opportunities for students, and contribute to the scholarship of a particular field.
In the local Emirati dialect, baraha means "open space.” Within the campus, our Baraha area is a central gathering place.
There are spaces to study, relax, and have fun featuring comfy couches, tv, video game consoles, ping pong tables, pool tables, a pinball machine, and an air hockey table.