NYU seeks talented students from every corner of the globe. Applicants to both NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU New York are expected to demonstrate their talents and mastery of subject matter to support their applications and to marshal their best case for admission to NYU. As a result, NYU has one of the most flexible testing policies of any college or university.
To be eligible for admission, applicants to NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU New York are expected to submit results from one of the following testing options:
- The SAT Reasoning Test; OR
- The ACT; OR
- Three SAT Subject Test scores; OR
- Three AP exam scores; OR
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma; OR
- Three IB higher-level exam scores (if you are not an IB Diploma candidate); OR
- Students may instead elect to submit results from a nationally accredited exam that is considered locally to signify the completion of secondary education and is administered independently of the student's school.
Visit the NYU Undergraduate Admissions Standardized Tests page for a current list of all exams that NYU will accept to satisfy the standardized test requirement for eligibility for undergraduate admission.
SAT Subject Test, AP, and IB Scores
Results in these tests must be submitted in the form of:
- One in literature or the humanities;
- One in math or science; and
- One test of the student's choice in any subject
View NYU's Standardized Testing Categories for SAT Subject Test, AP and IB Scores.
Please Note: Students who would also like to be considered for admission to NYU's Stern School of Business in New York City must satisfy Stern's additional mathematics/science testing requirement.
Exams Not Listed Under NYUAD Testing Options
If you have a question as to whether or not an examination offered in your country meets our testing requirements, please email email@example.com and we will confirm. You should not assume that any examinations meet our testing requirements unless they are listed on the NYU Undergraduate Admissions Standardized Tests page.
Test scores or examination results should be submitted by the appropriate application deadline. If final examination results are unavailable at the time of application, predicted results may be sent. Predicted results are subject to additional verification, and may only be submitted by a school official, via one of the following methods:
- Naviance/Common Application website;
- Mailed on official school letterhead, in a sealed and signed envelope; or
- Emailed from a clearly identifiable school email address
If predicted results are submitted in place of final results, NYU reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission if final results are not within close range of the predicted results.
Students are welcome to submit evidence of national or international academic accomplishments which they feel may further support their application.
English Language Testing
Students applying to NYU Abu Dhabi only are not required to submit an English language proficiency test, as the admissions committee will see evidence of strong written and verbal skills through the application and Candidate Weekend. However, students who would like to be considered for admission to the New York campus should review the policy regarding English Language Testing Requirements for Non-Native English Speakers.